Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Food I'm going to cook

The meal I am going to prepare for 16 May's Food and nutrition Performance task is Marcaroni with meat sauce. I obtainied the original copy of recipe from a newspaper cutting but I slightly altered the ingredients and cooking methods so as to make it more healthy and appetising at the same time.
Here is the original recipe (serves 2):

Ingredients required:
250g lean mince meat
250g elbow macaroni, cooked
1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
50g edamame (shelled soy beans)
1 teaspoon soy sauce or oyster sauce
1 teaspoon corn flour
Salt and paper to taste


There were some problems in the recipe. Firstly, there is too little vegetables.50g of edamame is much less than one cup of vegetables that is required for a day's consumption. Secondly , it is too salty because of the sauces and pepper and salt. I think the amount of sauces added should not be as much as the recipes stated because it is too high in cholestrol and is extremely unhealthy. I personally feel that using natural spices and food to flavourise the macaroni. Lastly, the marcaroni looks very plain because it has only dull colours including green, brown and red. I have decided to add more colours to make the meal look more pleasant. I will also decorate and present the meal nicely, using different ingredients to make faces on the marcaroni, so that people who are fussy over food will be attracted to the meal and eat it.

Here is the edited version of my recipe:

Ingredients to cook:
200g of lean mince meat
200g elbow macaroni, cooked
1 brown onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup-full of mixed vegetables and edamame
soy sauce, herbs,oyster sauce, salt and pepper ( enough to flaviourise the food)
1 teaspoon of cornflour

Ingredients to decorate:
2 Baby carrots, cut in flower shapes
1 piece of ham
1/4 peice of melted cheese
cabbage and brocoli
1/2 piece seaweed

Here is a picture of the macaroni I cooked for practice!



No comments:

Post a Comment