Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Reflection

I have learnt that my eating habits are not as healthy as I what I thought to be. I realised that my diet had too much junk food that were high in cholestrol, high in sugar and were too fattening. I also found out that my diet had too little vegetables, calcium and fruits. To improve my diet, I have started eating more salads and fruits for meals. Also, I am trying my best to have regular meals and a balanced diet

I find the website (bloom's comprehension) very useful as it helps me to analyse my diet. As a growing teenager, I need to have the correct amount of food and to meet the required nutritional value so that I can grow tall and have stronger immunity . It helped me understand more about what is healthy and what is not, so that I can alter and change my diet a little so that I can have a healthier diet. Other than that, bloom's comprehension helped me in my PT because it gave me ideas on food that are slightly unhealthy and ingredients as well as methods of cooking that would make the meal much healthier.

According to my last blog post, I was going to cook meat sauce macaroni and with a few changes in ingredients and methods of cooking, make the meal healthier. The new recipe that I changed has a large variety of vegetables, including mixed vegetables, peas, cabbage, potatoes and tomatoes. It has decorations of the shape of hello kitty, thus attracting the attention of many young ones that are fussy over food. I hope that my dish will meet the standards of a healthy meal and have good decorations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment